[Discuss-gnuradio] Start_rx_streaming_at patch problems

From: Tim Pearce
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Start_rx_streaming_at patch problems
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 13:07:33 +0000

Hi,

I've been using the latest git version of gnuradio and trying to get Doug's start_rx_streaming_at patch (now merged with the git version) to work. I don't think there's any support via gr-usrp2 so I've modified usrp2_source_base (temporarily) to call start_rx_streaming_at(0,0,0) (i've tried using 1 as well as I'm not sure if the fpga starts at 0 or 1) instead of start_rx_streaming(0).

When I do this everything compiles and I can start a flowgraph, unfortunately no samples ever seem to be outputted from the block.

I've been testing with the following flowgraph (and with usrp2_fft.py etc which shows the FFT window but no data)

usrp2.source_32fc() -> gr.file_sink(gr,sizeof_gr_complex,"output")

The file remains empty.

The produced file is empty. (I've left running for a while in case the timestamp was missed and also added sync_to/every_pps but the result is the same)

The USRP2 is using firmware compiled from the git sourcecode -- looking through the code I think using the incorrect firmware would just cause the start_rx_streaming_at command to act like the normal start_rx_streaming command.

Has anyone got any ideas on what I might have missed?

Thanks in advance,

Tim