Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error installing wxPython on CYGWIN in Windows XP

From: Shabbir Ahmed
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error installing wxPython on CYGWIN in Windows XP
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 00:12:44 +1100

Hi Don and ALL:

A. Managed to install and work wxWidgets but I just cannot manage wxPython. Anyhow the following is how I managed wxWidgets and errors found in trying to install wxPython.

B. Referring to http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/WxPythonCygwin

STEP 4: ( I had to add a few more lines that I took from wxPython's src website
http://www.wxpython.org/BUILD.html .. so now we have)

CC="gcc -mno-cygwin -mwindows"  \
CXX="g++ -mno-cygwin -mwindows" \
LDFLAGS="-mno-cygwin -mwindows" \
../configure \
    --with-msw \
    --build=i686-pc-mingw32 \
    --prefix=/usr/local \

STEP 4a, 5 and 6: Remains the same.

STEP 7: (there is slight change the cygwx*.dll files are now wx*.dll files.. so we have)

mv /usr/local/lib/wx*.dll /usr/local/bin

STEP 8: so now when you try step 8 it WORKS!

STEP 9: (But now I am stuck in STEP 9 and cannot move forward tried all possibilities the following is the code I am using and the output+errors...)

python setup.py build_ext --inplace WXPORT=msw COMPILER=mingw32 BUILD_GLCANVAS=0 BUILD_ACTIVEX=0 UNICODE=0 WX_CONFIG="bash.exe -e /usr/local/bin/wx-config"

OUTPUT+ERROR

WARNING: WXWIN not set in environment. Assuming '..'
Preparing CORE...
Preparing STC...
Preparing GIZMOS...
running build_ext
building '_core_' extension
gcc -mno-cygwin -mdll -O -Wall -DSWIG_TYPE_TABLE=_wxPython_table -DSWIG_PYTHON_OUTPUT_TUPLE -DWXP_USE_THREAD=1 -UNDEBUG -DWXUSINGDLL -D__WXMSW__ -Iinclude -Isrc -I/usr/local/lib/wx/include/msw-ansi-release-2.8 -I/usr/local/include/wx-2.8 -I/usr/include/python2.5 -c src/helpers.cpp -o build/temp.cygwin-1.7.1-i686-2.5/src/helpers.o -mthreads -O3

In file included from /usr/include/python2.5/Python.h:57,
                 from src/helpers.cpp:15:
/usr/include/python2.5/pyport.h:257:24: sys/select.h: No such file or directory
src/helpers.cpp: In function `bool wxColour_helper(PyObject*, wxColour**)':
src/helpers.cpp:2933: warning: comparison between signed and unsigned integer expressions

Pleas HELP!!.

regards,

Shabbir