[Discuss-gnuradio] GR on CentOS 5 x64_64?

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GR on CentOS 5 x64_64?
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 09:09:18 -0500

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully installed GR on CentOS 5 x86_64, and if so any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance. - MLD

I've been trying to install GNU Radio on CentOS 5 x86_64. I get some of the dependencies from yum, but I'm having to find alternative repositories for some, and even compiling some by hand (gasp!). IMHO, it's never a good thing to combine too many install locations when building any reasonably complex package (e.g., GNU Radio).

Anyway, I can get to the point of compiling GR -- configure seems to find everything it needs -- but during linking of gruel LD spits out a whole slew of library dependency issues and finally exits with an error that it can't like the library since it can't find some system library. I think this is a 32/64-bit issue, but as this is my first real venture in 32/64 bit territory on Linux it's just my best guess.

I don't have that particular terminal in front of me to write specifically what the error is. I've search the internet for various combinations of GR and centos, and all of the hits are old and not relevant -- most are from the GR discuss list a couple years back.