Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Use of bin_statistics

From: adib_sairi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Use of bin_statistics
Date: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 15:18:56 -0800 (PST)

Firas A. wrote:

> Important Note:
> Beside tunning time depends on the hardware (RF syenthesizer speed),
> one should remameber that the time needed to collect 1024 samples
> with decimation rate=8 (minimum USRP decimation) is 128 usec
>
> while :
>
> Time needed to collect 1024 samples with decimation rate=256 (maximum
> USRP decimation) is 4.096 msec
>
> This means that the tune delay in the case of decimation rate =256
> should be larger than that used for deimation = 8.

i have a question regarding the above quote, if we are taking 1024 bin FFT,
do we need to have 1024 of signal samples?

and i have another question, regarding the FFT block, i try to come out with
the equation on what is actually this block (gr_fft_vcc)  do in the code,
but i cannot trace the whole code (in c++). if we open the c++ code and we
can see that the only thing that gr_fft_vcc class do is calling set_window
function but no "work" class inside.. so which file/class actually does
implement the fft computing? is it in gr_fft__vcc_fftw.cc? i am sorry to ask
this question.. hope anyone can help =) thanks..

Adib