Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] M-block integration status

From: Ben Gear
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] M-block integration status
Date: Fri, 15 Jan 2010 18:46:47 +0000

Hi Eric,

Great to have an update on how the new features are progressing.
m-blocks and the replacement features have been mentioned a few times
on this mailing list in relation to building TDMA MACs.  Having VRT
metadata available in gr blocks is going to give access to timestamps
for Rx samples; will we be able to specify tight timings for Tx using
the VRT headers in the same manner? In the git VRT code I've noticed
that the VRT header that is passed with the Tx data to the USRP
contains timing info.  Is this used by the USRP at the moment, or is
it purely for the Rx side of things?

Many thanks,

Ben