Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bitrate doubt

From: Tim Pearce
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Bitrate doubt
Date: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 14:07:39 +0000

1)
Run:

sudo chmod u+s /usr/local/bin/usrp2_socket_opener

2) As root edit /etc/security/limits.conf and add the line:

@usrp - rtprio 50

If your not already in the USRP group add your user with:

useradd -G usrp username

(This will create the group if it doesn't already exist)

--

Tim

On Sat, Jan 16, 2010 at 1:56 PM, Mattias Kjellsson <address@hidden> wrote:
amarnath alapati wrote:
hi folks,
        I am using BENCHMARK_TX.PY, BENCHMARK_RX.PY to test the transmission and reception of signals. I have doubts regarding the outpu that is appearing on the screen.

>>> gr_fir_fff: using SSE
socket(PF_PACKET, SOCK_RAW, htons(0xBEEF)): Operation not permitted
eth0: socket: No such file or directory
Requested RX Bitrate: 100k
Actual Bitrate: 125k
Warning: Failed to enable realtime scheduling.

1) What is the SOCKET part in the output
Running as root should resolve this. But this should also be resolved by means described on the wiki- page.

2) What is the difference between Actual Bitrate and Requested Bitrate
The actual bit rate is calculated from a couple of parameters, and I think actual bit- rate is "close enough" to the requested one, given that there are some limitations regarding decimation/interpolation rates and so forth...

3)How to enable real time scheduling
There are some ways to elivate the privs. The quickest way is to run the aplication as root. This is not the recomended way, which has something to do with setting some privlegies and execution bits for an application. More information should be avaliable in the archives, and on the wiki- page.