Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM modulation/demodulation over USRP2

From: Veljko Pejovic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFDM modulation/demodulation over USRP2
Date: Sun, 17 Jan 2010 16:03:24 -0800

Thanks for the reply Patrik,

I managed to identify parameter values that make OFDM decoding work.
It seems that low decimation/interpolation rates don't work (a bunch
of "S"s at the receiver), nor do higher modulation schemes. The
performance is very sensitive to the fft_length/occupied_tones.

As a side note, the OFDM example from
gnuradio-3.2.2/gnuradio-examples/python/ofdm works with BPSK but
doesn't deliver any correct packets with the other modulations. The
example I made in GRC though, works fine with both BPSK, QPSK and
8PSK. However, the packet error rate is quite high, I still haven't
identified a case in which the error rate would be less than %40.

cheers,

Veljko