Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] xcvr2450 and MIMO

From: Per Zetterberg
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] xcvr2450 and MIMO
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 06:23:15 +0100

Matt Ettus wrote:
On 01/18/2010 12:49 PM, Per Zetterberg wrote:
Dear All.

I think I read on the list that xcvr2450 doesn't support MIMO (frequency
coherent transceivers to be more precise). However, when I search for
xcvr2450 and MIMO in the archives I don't find any post on this.

Can somebody update me on this ?

You CAN do MIMO with the XCVR2450. However, phased arrays (where you need to know the absolute phase difference between boards) will be hard due to the fractional-N synthesizer.

The only board which is not MIMO capable is the TVRX.

Matt
That's great! But doesn't the same problem (fractional-N synthesizer) also apply to the RFX? I think I have seen this phase-shift. I have used my own db driver most of the time - does the proper driver fix this ?

BR/
Per