[Discuss-gnuradio] How to use the rx_decim and interp.

From: srinivas naga vutukuri
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to use the rx_decim and interp.
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 17:17:56 +0530

Hi,

Am trying to send IQ samples of float from one usrp2 to another usrp2. As an ex: am taken the data of Sinusoidal generated from MATLAB, and pumping into the 1st one using tx_samples and receiving into the 2nd usrp2, and collecting into output file using -I option to the rx_streaming_samples. I have just changed in the rx_streaming_samples.cc (Actually i saw the output file creating like binary data), to convert the host_items[i] complex into the real, imag and writing into the output file, and trying to plot. I observed the values, there is no near matching. And also i am using attenuators to test ideally rather connecting the antennas on both usrp2.

How to use the rx_decim on rx side and interp on tx side? What is the equation of sampling rate, and how the both rx_decim and interp are related?

And also am trying to understand the ADC/DAC rates. I just put the usrp2::impl::adc_rate(), usrp2::impl::dac_rate() in the constructor usrp2::impl::impl() to see, i got both values printed as 1, (assuming 1 MHz or 1 MS/s). But from gnuradio.org site, i saw that ADCs (100 MS/s) and DAC (400 MS/s). So can able to set these values also?

Please help me in understanding these, and also to make my trial work (ie., sending IQ samples, lets say 10 MS/s rate).

best regards,
srinivas.