Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Test tarballs for 3.3git

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Test tarballs for 3.3git
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:08:34 -0800

On Fri, Jan 22, 2010 at 13:52, Don Ward <address@hidden> wrote:

> Apart from one or two minor issues, this tarball works fine under Cygwin
> 1.7.1 with gcc 3.4.4

Thanks for testing.

> but with gcc 4.3.4 make check fails with
>
> ~/gnuradio-3.3git-594-g02616cf8/gnuradio-core/src/tests> ./test_all.exe
> Testing gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory...
> ....... gr_vmcircbuf_createfilemapping_factory: OK
> Testing gr_vmcircbuf_sysv_shm_factory...
> terminate called after throwing an instance of 'gr_signal'
> Aborted (core dumped)
>
> It appears that a signal is being caught and a gr_signal is being thrown but
> not caught.
>
> This is probably a Cygwin-specific problem with exception handling in gcc
> 4.3.4, but if anyone else has seen problems like this and has any insight as
> to the cause, I would like to hear about it.

The code itself has a try/catch block wrapped around the QA tests,
with handlers for anticipated exceptions and a default uncaught
exception handler.  The fact that exception gr_signal is being thrown
is probably correct, but that fact that execution blows out the top of
the try/catch block instead of being caught is definitely not correct.

Johnathan