[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: WBX and serial < 500

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: WBX and serial < 500
Date: Fri, 05 Feb 2010 09:11:12 -0800

I just read on the mailing list that you state that the WBX does not
work with USRPs of serials older than #500.  Is there some
fix/workaround available?

No, there is no workaround. I am sorry that I did not make this clear in my announcements for the WBX. To be clear, USRP1s with a serial number under 500 will not work with the WBX. They will also not work with XCVR2450 boards, or currently-shipping RFX-series boards without some modifications.

If you need info about the modifications for RFX-series or XCVR2450 to make it work with your old USRP1, contact me. There is no simple modification which will make it work with the WBX.

If you have purchased a WBX and only have an old USRP1 device, then you have 2 options:

1 - Return the WBX for a complete refund, or cancel your order if it has not shipped yet.

2 - Contact me off-list so we can discuss a discounted trade-up option.

Again, I'm sorry I didn't think to note this incompatibility, it was an oversight. I will do what is necessary to make this right with our very long term loyal customers who still have these older USRP1s.

Thanks,
Matt