[Discuss-gnuradio] RE: Ettus Research News.

From: L. Van Warren
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RE: Ettus Research News.
Date: Sat, 6 Feb 2010 18:41:52 -0600

I send this to Matt yesterday, but it really belongs in this forum:

I wish I had known about the NI acquistion. I have seen this before.

The company of some extraordinary contributors, the Zachman brothers,

who wrote Hypersignal Ride DSP, was acquired by National Instruments in
2006.

The availability of their product has dwindled, their initiative has been
swallowed and they have disappeared from the DSP scene.

As in - without a trace.

Suppose you're a person interested in SDR. Click  ni.com/labview. The
barrier to entry is now extraordinarily high.

The exact opposite of the Gnu model in hardware and software.

I would be remiss if I did not mention this.

That said, good luck to you in your endeavors.