[Discuss-gnuradio] GRC and the Notebook feature - keep getting notebook

From: Richard Clarke
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GRC and the Notebook feature - keep getting notebook id error
Date: Mon, 8 Feb 2010 11:49:42 +1300

Hi All,

so far I've found very little reference to this new and potentially very useful feature. I'm trying to use the notebook feature of GRC 3.2.3svn to allow stacking of multiple WX GUI sink elements (scopes, FFT, etc) on different tabs of a Notebook. I have dragged a Notebook element into my block diagram and given it the ID "my_notebook0". I have also tried to enter info into the Notebook field for my two GUI sinks, using the format (my_notebook0, 0) to indicate that it should be placed in "my_notebook0" on tab 0. However the GRC dialogue box for the GUI Sink (Properties: FFT Sink) just highlights the field name "Notebook" in red and keeps telling me that there is an       "Error: Notebook id "(my_notebook0" is not an existing notebook id"

Can someone who has this working let me know what I'm missing?

Thanks very much.

Cheers
Richard