Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing new modules

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] installing new modules
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 10:36:55 -0500

Hi Affan - Glad to hear you're up and running, and using PPC and 10.5. If you're planning on using a USRP, I hope you have a USB 2.0 adapter ... those older PPC Macs didn't do USB 2.0 very well.

Hmm ... that's all quite strange; by default how-to is installed into / usr/local , with the python stuff being in /usr/local/lib/ python{version}/site-packages , and {version} being 2.5 or 2.6 or whatever. Unless you specifically told configure to install in a strange location (e.g, via 'configure --prefix={somewhere}'), then the only way how-to could be installed elsewhere is via symlink(s).

Can you reply with the following (off list, for now; we can summarize if it's important):

* What is the command you used to configure the how-to module?

* Can you return the full output of 'make -n install' from the how-to.

* Can you run the following and return their outputs?

 ls -ld /usr/local
 ls -ld /usr/local/lib
 ls -ld /usr/local/lib/python2.6
 ls -ld /usr/local/lib/python2.6/site-packages
 ls -l `which python`
 env

- MLD