Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rohde and Schwarz ridiculous patent app. SorryUlr

From: Philip M. Lanese
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Rohde and Schwarz ridiculous patent app. SorryUlrich
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 11:40:34 -0500

Bob,

Having been down this road in a past life, this looks like a team of patent
snakes cobbling together numerous individual claim parts so as to confuse the
Patent Examiners into granting what used to be called a "Sales" Patent.

You probably will have to argue that this is nothing more than a "Sales Patent"
application using an underlying core concept (same as your Network Router) that
the claims are dependent on, and that the core concept has been in "The Public
Domain" for many years, so anyone "sufficiently skilled in the art" would be
able to come up with the same or similar arrangement.

Phil, K3IB