[Discuss-gnuradio] high-level OFDM question

From: Achilleas Anastasopoulos
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] high-level OFDM question
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 13:34:48 -0500

Hi there,

before delving into the details of the OFDM implementation in GNURAdio I wanted to ask a high-level question:

What is the method used for initial timing/frequency acquisition?
Is there one or two training OFDM symbols that precede the transmission of data? and how many OFDM data symbols are following? Is this number determined by the first training symbols or is it fixed?

Also, my understanding is that each data OFDM symbol has pilot tones for continuous frequency/timing tracking, right?

Thanks
Achilleas