Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Firmware / FPGA bitstream for USRP2 Rev 4

From: Omid F
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Firmware / FPGA bitstream for USRP2 Rev 4
Date: Mon, 15 Feb 2010 19:56:45 -0600

Hi all,

I tried this the following on three machines with Gigabit interfaces, and got the same results:

When I restrict the ethernet card to only advertise 1Gbps connections (ethtool -s eth0 advertise 0x020 or ox010), the link stays down. Therefore, each find_usprs call is not even sending any packet out.

When I let it freely advertise anything, it settles for 10Mbps or 100Mbps, but the link is up and it actually sends packets out. After each packet is sent, the orange light on the ethernet interface of the USRP2 goes orange for a sec. But I still get no response from it!

I have tried all possible pause combinations as well (autoneg = on/off, rx=on/off, tx=on/off), but I get the same results.

I apologize again for sending so many (long) emails.

Thanks,
Omid

On Sun, Feb 14, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Eric Blossom <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Feb 13, 2010 at 11:38:27PM -0600, Omid F wrote:
> Thanks Matt for the helpful suggestions. I apologize for the long back and
> forths! I really appreciate your help.
>
> I checked the ethernet interface on two of my laptops. On both, I made sure
> this is the setting:
>
> Pause parameters for eth0:
> Autonegotiate: on
> RX: on