[Discuss-gnuradio] Busy-waiting in ethernet_mac_miim_write()

From: Omid F
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Busy-waiting in ethernet_mac_miim_write()
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 20:03:03 -0600

Hi,

After a lot of testing/debugging (previously in thread "Firmware / FPGA bitstream for USRP2 Rev 4") by using a re-compiled version of txrx.bin from the gnuradio firmware source code, I was able to find out where the firmware gets stuck:

Regardless of whether the usrp2 is connected to a machine or not, it gets stuck in the following loop in ethernet_mac_miim_write(). We verified that the firmware goes through the following sequence of code:

1. main() (in txrx.c) calls ethernet_init() (in ethernet.c)
2. ethernet_init() calls eth_mac_miim_write(PHY_INT_CLEAR, ~0) (in eth_mac.c)
3. eth_mac_miim_write() gets stuck in :
while((eth_mac -> miistatus & MII_BUSY) !=0)
   ;

Apparently, the hardware status is always seen as busy.

Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Thanks,
Omid