[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/GNURadio Turn around Time

From: Bishal Thapa
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP/GNURadio Turn around Time
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2010 17:12:53 -0500

--------------------------------------------------------------------------My inquiry--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear USRP/GNURadioers,
  I am trying to calculate the response time using USRP1 and gnuradio-stable-version-3.2.2 on Ubuntu-9.10. I basically want to calculate how long does it take for my GNURadio/USRP setting to sense a packet in the channel (sent by another gnuradio-pair), and then turn around to transmit. I would like to calculate the turn-around-time after sensing the packet. I have made some progress. My progress was hindered by not knowing how to run gdb with gnuradio. However, now I am at stage where I know where the rx_callback is being triggered.  In blk2impl/pkt.py, "if self.callback: callback(ok, payload)". Can somebody please help me see where/when the callback is set to rx_callback (basically non-"None" value once it sees the correlation of the access code)?

Am I heading in the right direction? Please feel free to correct me if my direction is completely bull-headed and there is an easier way to do this?

Thank you fellows,
Sincerely,
Fellow GNURadioer