[Discuss-gnuradio] RFX900 Failure

From: David Evans
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX900 Failure
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2010 17:42:38 +0000

Hi all,

Power output has significantly dropped, initially by 8dB, now much more.

My first thoughts are that the PA has failed, so is it possible to break the transmitter...
- by prolonged transmitting at high power (i.e. setting it to/near maximum)?
- using a mismatched antenna?
- mismatching resulting in VSWR effects? (err, without a load)?

I'm obviously going to have to test now, where to start, any suggestions, like what voltage swing before and after the 3315 should I expect?

Many Thanks
David