[Discuss-gnuradio] garbage signal when TX is enabled

From: Jung Il Choi
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] garbage signal when TX is enabled
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 14:59:50 -0800

Hi all,

I am using two RFX2400 daughterboards on USRP1 to implement TX/RX on each
daughterboard.
When I do ZigBee packet transmission, I found that there are always some
trailing garbage signals after each packet. The trailing garbage has strong
fixed I and Q values (slightly changing) which lasts about 80 microseconds. The
cause was TX/RX switch time. When I do set_enable so that TX is always enabled,
I see those garbage symbols throughput the gap between packets.

So, the question is whether there is a way to avoid this. Because I am doing a
packetized transmissions, it is a pain to feed all zeros between packets.

Thanks,
Jung Il