[Discuss-gnuradio] Implement CCA (Clear Channel Assessment) function wit

From: Juan Ramon Gutierrez Agullo
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Implement CCA (Clear Channel Assessment) function with USRP2
Date: Thu, 01 Apr 2010 14:03:27 +0200

Hello,

I'm developing some 802.11-a MAC functionalities and now I'm facing with
CCA logical function. I'll begin with the easiest CCA method:
Energy detection bases the CCA decision only on whether energy was
detected over a detection bases threshold.
I'm trying to find out the way to detect the amount energy detected on
the antenna at 2.4GHz or 5 GHz with the USRP2+XCVR2450 daughterboard,
but I don't know how to deal with this.

Do you know what blocks should I use to create the flow graphs?

I'd like to do something like the python script usrp2_fft.py from
gnuradio source. I mean, if I have the measurement of the detected
energy at any frequency, I'll manage the information in MAC layer to
make the proper decision.

Thank you for your time and your help,

--
Juan Ramon Gutierrez Agullo <address@hidden>