Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: USRP1 Rev 4.3 Benchmark_tx/rx transmit/recei

From: Phillip Walsh
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: USRP1 Rev 4.3 Benchmark_tx/rx transmit/receive issue
Date: Sat, 3 Apr 2010 10:31:22 -0600

It's likely that the new USRPs you're using have frequencies that are too far apart from each other. This is a particular problem with the higher frequency boards. Using usrp_fft.py, try to see what the frequency offset is and compensate for it to some degree.

The older version of GNU Radio you got working I think did the acquisition slightly differently and was able to handle the larger frequency offset.

The new v2 code for the digital modulations in the Git tree should correct this, too.

Tom

Thanks Tom!  That definitely sounds like it could be the problem.  I will see if I can solve it with a frequency offset.

Also a correction to my solution, it wasn't GR 3.1.1 I got to work with it.  It was the svn revision 8586.  Just in case someone looks into it further.

Phil