Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] error meaning: not connected internally

From: Tom Rondeau
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] error meaning: not connected internally
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 01:44:08 -0400

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 1:18 AM, Makmur Hidayat <address@hidden> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I try to make simulation for qam loopback. But there is an error:
> RuntimeError: hierarchical block 'qam8_demod' input 0 is not connected
> internally
>
> What is the error mean?
>
> Thank you for your help
> Makmur

The QAM receiver code isn't really ready for use yet. In fact, if you
look into the code of the block, there's nothing there and it has been
disabled for use with the modulation_utils.

We don't really have the synchronization capabilities written for QAM
signals yet, although some of the newer code I've been working on
should be almost there.

Please feel free to work on this. I'd love to see it in the code, but
I won't have the time to get to it for a while yet.

Tom