Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp issue

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp issue
Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2010 22:44:52 -0400

On Wed, Apr 7, 2010 at 9:03 PM, voipas <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>   Any suggestions what's wrong could be here?
> Thanks

What's happening is that the kernel is throwing an EPROTO error on
certain control transfers. The error code passes through libusb and
the USRP driver simply reports the error. Unfortunately, the error is
vague and non-specific, though it often indicates a line or hardware
issue. I've heard this happen a few times with the USRP. One case was
a faulty power supply and another involved a USB webcam.

So if I understand correctly, your previously working USRP fails on
both machines now?

  Thomas