Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Head block in GRC

From: s042353
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Head block in GRC
Date: Thu, 8 Apr 2010 23:36:46 +0200 (W. Europe Daylight Time)

> [...] very basic configuration set up in GRC with a file source(text data)
>  set to repeat going into the head block going into a throttle to control
> the sampling rate and going into a file sink.
>
> For the head block I have played around with the Number of Items and
> Vector Size parameters. [...] Any idea on what could be causing this?

I'm not sure about the internals of these file sources and sinks, but
playing around with custom blocks I've found that the function
'message_from_string' does not work properly if the size is set to one
byte (e.g. type = byte, vec_size = 1, when size = type*vec_size). No
throughput is generated by this, as far as my experience goes.

- Martin