[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: About EEPROM and FX2(68013a) USB interface in USR

From: Catalin Patulea
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: About EEPROM and FX2(68013a) USB interface in USRP
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 15:32:49 -0400

On Mon, Apr 12, 2010 at 12:00 PM,  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2010 16:02:43 +0800
> From: =?GB2312?B?TGlhbmcgWGluIMG66r8=?= <address@hidden>
> Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] About EEPROM and FX2(68013a) USB interface
>        in      USRP
> To: address@hidden
>
> Hi All
>
> I am developing a board with gnuradio which is like USRP. It is also use
> FX2LP(CY7C68013a) and AD9862, and I add some surroundings.
>
> I hope that my board can work well with gnuradio, but it seems like it can
> only support USRP now.  So could you please give me some help, if I want to
> run gnuradio on my board. How should I do with it?
ThinkRF (www.thinkrf.com) is also developing GNU Radio compatibility
for its product. I have been working on this project for a few months.
We're interested in feedback on the approach we took.

Our board is also an unconfigured Cypress FX2 on power-up, so we will
have a proprietary utility that changes the personality of the board.
Once that is done, the board "looks" like a USRP, presenting the
corresponding VID/PID and responding to the USRP USB protocol.

We chose to have it show up as a USRP "rev 5" to distinguish it from a
real USRP, of which I believe the latest revision is 4. Is this likely
to conflict any time soon?

One of our goals was to minimize the changes required to the GNU Radio
source tree, to make deployment and maintenance easier and to increase
the chances of changes being integrated upstream.

Catalin