Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2_fft.py and changing the gain

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2_fft.py and changing the gain
Date: Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:43:57 -0700

On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 14:09, John Orlando <address@hidden> wrote:

> Thanks for the insight Jonathon.  I was doing some testing with our
> BURX board as well, and got the same GUI freezing result.  The gain
> calculations for our board is trivial, so I wouldn't think that it is
> a matter of time being consumed doing these calculations.  However,
> both the DBSRX and the BURX board use an I2C interface to communicate
> from the host to the daughterboard.  So I wonder if it is really just
> a matter of the aeMB getting held up doing the I2C transaction.

This may very well be the case as my recall is a little hazy (this was
a year or two ago that it came up.)  It could be that there need to be
several I2C writes and it works if there is just one, but not if there
are several.

Anyway, there doesn't seem much chance of a solution until the UHD comes out.

Johnathan