[Discuss-gnuradio] Sending extra info (rssi) in ethernet frames from USR

From: hanwen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Sending extra info (rssi) in ethernet frames from USRP2 to host
Date: Wed, 21 Apr 2010 17:12:37 +0200

Hi, *

I am reading through the firmware C codes and trying to figure out how to carry the RSSI values from auxiliary ADC in the word0 section of each ethernet frame. I was confused by the structure of the firmware C codes. In the main() of txrx.c, there is no explicit function calls looks like send(), recv() for handing the ethernet frames. And I found in mimo_app_common_v2.c some functions like send_reply(), set_reply_hdr() and handle_control_chan_frame() which may correspond to this issue.
I also tried to modify the u2p_set_word0() function in usrp2_eth_packet.h in order to carry the RSSI value. But it seems that this only works when starting streaming as every frame rceived on the host side shows the same value.
I really want to know how does the frameware handle the samples and controlling frames. Any hints?

Thanks in advance.
Hanwen