Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] overrun problem on gr-sounder project

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] overrun problem on gr-sounder project
Date: Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:48:13 -0700

On Thu, Apr 22, 2010 at 09:21, Yan Nie <address@hidden> wrote:

> I'm modifying the gr-sounder project to transmit a 113-bit legendre sequence
> of the bandwith 32kHz and upconvert to certain frequency in the range 1MHz
> to 20MHz. At receiver side, the received signal is downconverted to baseband
> and store the received sequence into a data file.

There is no way to diagnose what you are doing incorrectly, as you are
writing your own modified FPGA code.

However, my question to you is--why are you doing this in the FPGA at
all?  The gr-sounder component was designed as a way of processing a
very wide bandwidth signal (up to the full baseband bandwidth of the
daughterboard in use).  Due to limitations in the transport speed of
USB, this can *only* be done on the FPGA.

You describe a baseband waveform of 32 ksps,  and you are storing the
received signal samples to a file.  Why don't you just use the stock
FPGA image and write a simple GNU Radio application?

Johnathan