RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cheap Network Analysers

From: Nick Foster
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cheap Network Analysers
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 22:02:53 +0000

(copied to list as it might be useful for others)

Marcus,

I built the SDR-Kits VNWA v2: http://www.sdr-kits.net/. It is spec'ed to
1.3GHz, which doesn't meet your 2-3GHz spec, but I believe some users have
built downconverters for use at higher frequencies, and the hardware is
(marginally) useable out to 2+GHz when overclocked (can be done in software).
It uses SDR techniques to greatly simplify the hardware requirements. Look for
the Yahoo group at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/VNWA/. It has proven quite
accurate for me, and certainly worth the cost (around $400).

Hope this helps,
Nick