Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] find_usrps "No USRP2 found."

From: Steve Glass
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] find_usrps "No USRP2 found."
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 12:14:18 +1000

Hi,

I have created a new SD Card with the latest trunk image of the FPGA and
the s/w for the WBX and the situation is exactly the same as before.

The host is an IBM T61p Thinkpad running Debian testing. I normally run
Network Manager but have stopped it and brought the eth0 port up via the
command line. There are no IPTables rules on either INPUT or OUTPUT -
default ACCEPT policy in place.

The USRP2 boots leaving LEDs D/F on. Connection is direct using the
Ettus-provided cable. "ethtool eth0" reports as before and shows the
link is up. There are solid green LEDs on both the USRP2 and host
ethernet ports. I run find_usrps, the orange LED on the host and USRP2
ethernet ports flashes briefly for each attempt and I see an outbound
"0xbeef" packet on the interface in WireShark. No reply is seen from the
USRP2. The host ethernet device is configured with a non-routable IP
address. I tried "ethtool -A eth0 rx on" but pause is enabled for RX by
default so it says "rx unmodified, ignoring" and "no pause parameters
changed, aborting".

I swapped the host for a different laptop (a Thinkpad X300) and with the
exception of the device name (eth1 is used not eth0) have the same result=
s.

I think that covers all the advice I could glean from the FAQ, the list
archive and answers to my query. All to no avail.  Does anyone have any
further suggestions?

Steve