[Discuss-gnuradio] Recomendations for a new System ??

From: William Pretty Security Inc
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Recomendations for a new System ??
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2010 17:09:17 -0700

Hi All;

My Gnuradio development system just had a major brain fart, so I’m looking for recommendations on a replacement system.

I know there are a number of flavors of quad core system out there but some appear to be better than others for this application.

From what I have observed, Gnuradio is a very CPU intensive package as opposed to a graphics intensive application such as a gaming system.

I’m not tied to any specific flavor of Linux, although I have more experience with Ubuntu. What I’m wondering is if Linux will know what to do with

a multi-core or multi CPU system.

Any comments, suggestions would be appreciated …

Thanks …

Bill