[Discuss-gnuradio] SDR System

From: William Pretty Security Inc
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] SDR System
Date: Tue, 27 Apr 2010 20:32:21 -0700

As promised. Here’s the system I went with:      Sony VAIO model VCPF111FDB from Best Buy.

 500GB hard drive

1.6GHz CPU (not sure about boost to 2.68GHz mode?)

Intel Quad core i7 720QM

RAM 4GB (Not upgradable*)

3 USB ports (1 eSATA/USB port)

You can read the rest for your self J

Bottom Line:

This is the first time a salesman ever down-sold me. I was looking at an Hp System for $50.00 more.

The screen was about an inch bigger and the RAM was upgradable to 8GB.

I talked to the Geek Squad guy while I was waiting for the salesman, and he was saying the extra 4GB was an $800.00 upgrade LL

Including taxes the price was about $1700.00 CDN. That included the extended 3 year warrantee for $375.00

When I run some USRP benchmarks, I’ll post more info.

Later;

Bill