[Discuss-gnuradio] how to find local peak of sinc function ? peak detect

From: grc007
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] how to find local peak of sinc function ? peak detector setup ?
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 2010 14:28:39 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,
I need again your help for this problem:
- I want to locate the peaks (local maximum) of the input signal, which is
sinc-function pulse (the 2 gray points in picture sincpuls.png, not the
neighbour peaks).
How can I use the gr_peak_detector in grc to do this ? which values I should
give threshold_factor_rise, threshold_factor_fall, lookahead, alpha ?
- If you look at my grc-picture (peakfalse.png) you will see that the peaks
are not at the right places. They happen before the true peaks of the
sine-function. How comes this ? ( My value for threshold_factor_rise,
threshold_factor_fall, lookahead, alpha : 10,10,100,0.001 )

Thanks in advance.
grc007

http://old.nabble.com/file/p28919877/sincpuls.png

http://old.nabble.com/file/p28919877/peakfalse.png