[Discuss-gnuradio] OSM3D: OpenStreetMap + blender + GnuRadio/OpenBTS/USR

From: Abdalaleem Andy James Potter
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] OSM3D: OpenStreetMap + blender + GnuRadio/OpenBTS/USRP = 3d mapping project for community-based transactions
Date: Wed, 7 Jul 2010 23:15:44 +0100

Dear All,

I would like to announce a project I am working on, for augmented reality 3d geospatial transactions over GSM/Wifi.

By adding to OpenStreetMap with 3d models of an environment, and sending this 3d representation to mobile devices in the vicinity.

It is at a very early stage and I am still very much a novice at 3d modeling, GnuRadio and OpenStreetMap.

I hope that others will find this idea interesting and would perhaps wish to be involved.

Abdalaleem Andrew James Potter