Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Programmable band-pass filters

From: Brian Padalino
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Programmable band-pass filters
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2010 11:53:44 -0400

On Fri, Jul 9, 2010 at 11:30 AM, Elvis Dowson <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi,
>       Are there any components that can be used to implement a programmable
> band-pass filter between the antenna and the LNA, of the RF front-end for an
> SDR application.
>
> I was wondering if there are an discrete components available that can be
> programmed by I2C or SPI, that can be controlled by an FPGA, to tune the
> band-pass filter in between the antenna and the LNA.

You could try something like a switched filter bank as a preselector:

    http://www.spectrummicrowave.com/sfb.asp

That was something a quick google search found.  Unfortunately, your
band-pass requirements are lacking.  What types of channel bandwidths
do you want?  How many channels?  How much rejection are you looking
for?

I am guessing said filters are pretty expensive.

> Best regards,
>
> Elvis

Good luck.

Brian