[Discuss-gnuradio] Performance benchmarking a host platform with GNU Rad

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Performance benchmarking a host platform with GNU Radio and USRP2
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 11:44:26 +0400

Hi,
       Is there a way to do a performance benchmark, to see if the host
computer is able to work fine with GNU Radio and USRP2?

I ran the usrp2_fft.pry spectrum analyzer, and the application runs fine for a
while, and then after sometime, starts dropping packets, especially if I play
around with the GUI settings.

I'm running the linux OS inside a virtual machine, but my host is a pretty
powerful, i.e. iMac 27" Quad-Core i7 processor with 4GB RAM (2.8 to 3Ghz
operating freq). The VMware guest machine has been configured to use 8 CPUs
with 2048GB of RAM, with 200GB virtual hard disk space.

I also noticed that I couldn't alter the center frequencies of the spectrum
analyzer, and it was stuck at the 1.13438 Ghz point.

Elvis Dowson