[Discuss-gnuradio] MIMO capability of USRP2

From: Tobias Schmid
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] MIMO capability of USRP2
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2010 10:41:06 +0200 (CEST)

 Hello,

I've got a question about the firmware of my USRP2. I'm writing my
diploma thesis on a MIMO topic using your USRP2 and Gnu radio. Our institute bought
the USRPs in July 2009. So I would like to know, if it is necessary to
update my SD cards for the purpose. And I read in the gnuradio mailing
list, that there are two versions of the firmware. One for the slave and
one for the master device. So my second question is, if it is possible
to use the updated USRPs in my SISO transmission system anyway?

Further on, it would be nice to know, if and how it is possible to
address the USRPs. Are there any blocks in python or in c++ which realize the
addressing of the modified USRPs .
Or are there any other ways to do this.
If so, can anyone tell me where I can find some examples. I've found some examples and block using multiple USRP1, but unfortunately not for USRP2.
Maybe it's importent to mention which version of Gnu radio I'm using. I working with the stable version of Gnu radio 3.2.2.

At first I would like to realize maximum ratio combining.

Thanks a lot for your help

Tobias