[Discuss-gnuradio] debugging code for seeing what threads are created

From: Alex
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] debugging code for seeing what threads are created
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 18:46:05 +0100

Hi,
my name is Alexandru Buda, and I'm doing a project in college based on
GNU Radio.

I'm using the environment variable GR_SCHEDULER to enable/disable
multi-threading
for benchmarking purposes and also the linux command "ps" to see the
threads created.
This unfortunately only gives me the number of threads and no more
detail as to what
each one is doing.

A few years ago my supervisor did some work with GNU Radio (3.1.2 and
3.1.3) and used the variable
GR_TOP_BLOCK_IMPL_DEBUG from gnuradio-core/src/lib/runtime/gr_top_block_impl.cc
to see what threads are created but it seems that the code using
GR_TOP_BLOCK_IMPL_DEBUG
has been removed.

Is there any debugging variables that I can enable or how do I see
extra information available about my running
waveform?
Or is there a linux/python tool that will give me more information
about the threads?

Not sure if this is relevant but I'm using GNU Radio 3.2.2 built from
source on Ubuntu 10.04 32bit

Any information would be greatly appreciated

Thank you

Alex