[Discuss-gnuradio] Daughter Board RFX2400

From: Tan Yong Hua Theodore
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughter Board RFX2400
Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 16:40:24 +0800

Hi all GNUradio users,

I am using Ubuntu 9.04 and using GNUradio 3.2.2

My task here is to activate the local oscillator on the daughterboard itself in order to have the USRP2 perform as a tx standalone device.

From my understanding the local oscillator is activated once I set the frequency of the transmission itself.

In order to initialise the local oscillator I need to

initialise the RFX2400 daughterboard on the USRP2 using the firmware provided onto the SD Card.

 I am facing several problems and was wondering if I am approaching in the correct direction.

I was checking out db.h under usrp2/firmware/lib and came across the file db_init.c

Upon closer examination I discover that the initialisation for the daughterboard is only for the Basic TX daughterboard

What I need to do here is to initialise the TX portion of the RFX2400.

I have changed the variable &db_basic_tx to &db_rfx_2400_tx inside the function db_init.c

Am I missing out anything else that is allowing me to initialise the daughterboard?

How do I make sure that the daughterboard is initialised?

I have checked out the schematics as well but due to my limited knowledge, I can only deduce that I need to initialise the GPIO and clocks.

I will appreciate any comments and help here. I have just 1 week left to finish this project.

Thank you!

Regards,

Theodore