[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Newbie

From: ted crilly
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Newbie
Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 21:59:15 +0100

Hi,

I'm trying to get a FM audio transmission around 100MHz from the USRP 2 with the Basic TX board but the output signal when viewed on spec analyser is not constant and seems to sweep and not be stable. Have tried the examples supplied with no success at generating meaningful output from the USRP2, to debug this I've fed the output from the WBFM encoder module back into a WBFM decoder which works so I'm wondering if I've got the correct USRP2 settings and have some questions below:

The Basic TX board has 2 outputs, when fed with a complex signal does that mean that TX A output has the I and TX B the Q signal ? The D/As are rated at 100MS/S but with interpolation can output 400MS/S, which I assume means it can generate a maximum 200MHz signal (nyquist rate)

What is the purpose of the USRP sink frequency ? does this feed the digital up converter which it mixes with the baseband input signal ?

In my example if I have an audio signal (samp rate 32KHz) fed into a WBFM (with same samp rate and quadrate at 320K) what should I set the interpolation rate to on the USRP to ? I though this should be 100Ms/320K which is 312.5, which doesn't seem to fix the problem.

Am using latest GIT build of Gnu Radio with latest FPGA and firmware (non UHD). I'm also a newbie so I'm on a steep learning curve so grateful for any help.

Thanks

Chris