Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Realtime scheduling : Help

From: Tim Pearce
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Realtime scheduling : Help
Date: Sun, 25 Jul 2010 00:02:50 +0100

> On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 6:12 PM, Anil Sharma <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi everyone ,
> I am just a newbie to gnuradio, please someone guide me. Can some one please explain  me what is realtime scheduling in
> gnuradio used for. And  how we can use the realtime scheduling in gnuradio , Moreover what is needed to make it set up in my
> ubuntu lucid.

I might be misunderstanding the question but if your getting a "Failed to enable real time scheduling" warning from some of the examples the following should resolve it:

(from the faq):
To enable real-time scheduling for non-root users, edit /etc/security/limits.conf and add this line:
@usrp  - rtprio 50
make sure that your user is a member of group usrp, then logout and back in

--

I've found the ubuntu gui (in the version before) a bit dodgy when making the group, the manual way should work of you have the same problem:

sudo groupadd usrp
sudo useradd -G usrp username

--

Worst case you can probably ignore the error unless your getting lots of dropped packets.

Cheers,

Tim