[Discuss-gnuradio] Can't set center frequency of USRP2 w/DBSRX

From: Marc Epard
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Can't set center frequency of USRP2 w/DBSRX
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 10:58:19 -0500

We're new to gnuradio and have a shiny USRP2 with a DBSRX daughterboard. More details are below.

The system is kind of working, but usrp2_fft.py reports Failed (or Invalid if there's a typo) for every frequency we enter regardless of whether it's in the supported range or not. Oddly, the entered value does affect the spectrum display and the signal we're supplying does show up sometimes, but the relationship between the frequency we enter and our generated signal is unclear to us.

srp2_probe returns sensible information:

Converter Rate: 100000000 Hz
Gain Range: 0.0 - 84.0 step 1.0
Freq Range: 500000000 Hz - 2600000000 Hz

I've looked at the source and don't see an obvious way to get more information on the failure. Is there one?
Are there other diagnostic tools we should try?

We're using raw ethernet (and running everything with sudo). Should we use UDP or UHD instead?

Any tips would be much appreciated.

-Marc

Configuration details:

Ubuntu 10.04
Installed using the Lucid install script at http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/UbuntuInstall.
We originally installed the prebuilt 3.2.2 package available via the Synaptic Package Manager, but uninstalled it.

FPGA:  u2_rev3-20100603.bin
Firmware:  txrx_raw_eth_20100608.bin
DBSRX EEPROM: burn_dbsrx_eeprom.bin dated July 14, 2010