Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 phase drift

From: Jeffrey Lambert
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 phase drift
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 19:57:58 -0400

The transmission line can act as a phase shifter depending upon how long it is and how the GPS signal is being split.

~Jeff

On 7/26/2010 5:54 PM, Marcus D. Leech wrote:
On 07/26/2010 04:00 PM, Matt Ettus wrote:
Even if you lock the USRP2 to an external reference, there will still
be drift relative to other things not connected to the same
reference.  The function generator has its own clock, as does GPS.

Matt
Somewhat disturbingly, I've also observed in the lab phase-hits between
two GPS receivers, being fed from
   the same antenna!  I suspect differences in the phase locking
algorithms or something.  But you can't
   even rely on GPS to be consistent with itself (at least viewed by two
different GPS receivers!!).

--
~Jeffrey Lambert,  K1VZX