[Discuss-gnuradio] anyone had luck with high throughput IPC to GNU Radio

From: George Nychis
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] anyone had luck with high throughput IPC to GNU Radio?
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 08:09:15 -0700

Hi all,

Has anyone had any luck achieving high throughput (e.g., supporting interpolation of 8 or 16 with USRP2) from Octave to a GNU Radio flowgraph?  I am trying to stream a signal to my GR flowgraph, and at first I tried sockets but then realized it was way too slow, and so I moved to pipes but I am also finding it cannot keep up.

I have tried writing/reading in larger blocks, such as using an fwrite() in Octave of size 20480, and then attempting a larger read within GNU Radio using a gr.file_source(20480,'/tmp/mypipe') and then converting it to a stream for the USRP2 with gr.vector_to_stream(gr.sizeof_gr_complex,20480).  But alas, still no luck... I am under-running like crazy from the looks of my spectrum.

Has anyone had any better luck?

Thanks!
George