Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] some problems about usrp motherboard that i make

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] some problems about usrp motherboard that i make by myself
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 09:58:55 -0700

On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 12:04:13AM -0700, tonygc wrote:

> thank you for your reply, Eric. we tested the motherboard, source code can be
> loaded into FX2, and usrper can be used to configure something. that means
> FX2 works well. we use usrp_benchmark_usb to test the board, it doen't work.

What do you mean by "doesn't work"?  That's very vague.

> something wrong with FPGA. but the clock of FPGA and ADCs are all OK, and
> FX2 to FPGA connections are also ok. it seems rbf cann't load to FPGA, why?
> can you give me some guide? thank you again.

How do you know that the rbf isn't loaded?

Does

  $ usrper load_standard_bits

give you some kind of error?

If you're using a different model of Cyclone, the precompiled rbf
won't work for you.  You'll need to build one that's appropriate for
your device.

Take a look at the Cyclone datasheet and read up on how it's loaded.
With a logic analyzer, you should be able to watch all the relevant
signals between the FX2 and Cyclone.  It's been a long time since I
looked at that datasheet or code, but there's some combination of
signals that indicates "start loading", "loading completed
successfully" and "loading failed".

Eric