[Discuss-gnuradio] MIMO source - bursts

From: Zohair
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] MIMO source - bursts
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 08:35:54 -0700 (PDT)

Dear All,

Have anybody tried that using USRP2 to received bursts of data rather than
countinous?

I have tried doing this as the the sampling rate is very high and I have a
several blocks (that are calculation intensive) in my flow graphs. I am not
really interested in receiveing all the samples. reading a 1000 samples each
1 second is fine.  I tried doing this y modifying the MIMO sourse already
implemented. by doing this:

  void set_streaming(bool enb){

       if (enb){
           uhd::stream_cmd_t
stream_cmd(uhd::stream_cmd_t::STREAM_MODE_NUM_SAMPS_AND_MORE);
           stream_cmd.stream_now = false;
           stream_cmd.num_samps=1000;
           stream_cmd.time_spec = get_time_now() +
uhd::time_spec_t((kk++)+0.05); // kk is 0 initially
         _dev->issue_stream_cmd(stream_cmd);
      }
  else
     _dev->issue_stream_cmd(uhd::stream_cmd_t::STREAM_MODE_STOP_CONTINUOUS);
     _is_streaming = enb;

 }

What happens is that it reads the first 1000 samples and this stops,
displaying a message that the block doen't produce any output.

Two heads are better than one ;) What do you thin guys?

Cheers,
Zohair