Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] what does the "corresponds to DC in the IF"mean?

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] what does the "corresponds to DC in the IF"mean?
Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 10:27:33 -0700

On 08/06/2010 12:57 AM, intermilan wrote:

Thanks for the answer.

Is that mean if I set the center frequency at 2.5G(RFX2400),the DC is also at
2.5G?or other values?

Maybe

Due to hardware limitations, the daughterboard may not always achieve the desired center frequency, and will therefore leave you with a small offset. The FPGA dsp can account for this additional offset by shifting your signal to achieve sub-Hz resolution. In addition, you can shift your signal again in the host :-)

Sometimes, you intentionally force the daughterboard to have a large offset to move the LO out of the band of interest.

-Josh

                       Thank you