Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic range questions

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Dynamic range questions
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 18:07:10 -0700

On Sun, Aug 15, 2010 at 19:12, Marcus D. Leech <address@hidden> wrote:

> I have an application that must operate in the 25MHz to 40MHz region,
[...]
> It's not a neighbourhood I've habitually "hung out" in

The 30-40 MHz region is typically very quiet.  Much of the radio
traffic that used to exist there (LMR stuff) has moved up to 150-170
or 450-470 MHz, to avoid "skip" during sunspot cycle highs.

The strongest emitters I've seen between 25-30 MHz are shortwave radio
stations and 10M amateur radio band contesters.  Well, there is the
citizen's band radio allocation at 27 MHz one must contend with as
well.

Johnathan